- Economic Development
- Great Miami Riverway
Great Miami Riverway
The Great Miami Riverway is a region that stretches from Sidney to Hamilton, connecting the natural landscape of Ohio's Great Miami River with vibrant towns and trails for an unforgettable experience. The Riverway is the nation's largest paved trail network. The Riverway is also home to Ohio's first and only National Water Trail.
The Great Miami Riverway has something for everyone. Bike, hike, fish, paddle, or surf the river. Or just relax and enjoy the view. Shop, dine, or pub crawl. Big cities and small towns like Trenton are Riverway communities.
- The Trenton Riverway Trailhead is located on SR 73 near the entrance to our historic little crossroads town. Get lost in nature along the River or at nearby Community Park, which has its own walking trail, playground, and amphitheatre. Home Avenue Park offers ballfields, while Duke Energy Soccer Fields are also near.
- Get your "passport" stamped at Martin's Donuts, a certified Butler County Donut Trail stop. The bright pink donut shop is across the street from Wonder Comics and More comic book store and Founders Park.
- Explore almost a dozen ice cream, custard, and pizza parlors. Other options like Mexican, Asian, Steaks, and Burgers are available too. Delight in country meals, deli, fresh produce, baked goods, candy and more at local-owned businesses like Todd’s IGA Express and Barn and Bunk Farm Market.
- State Street Coffee, serves coffee drinks, cofee flights, boba tea, and smoothies in board games and trivia nights.
- Area pubs like Neighbors Sports Grill and El Barzon Mexican offer brew, tvs, with some offering pool, karaoke and more.
- Step into history at Trenton Historical Museum or stroll this history sites and archecture tour.
- Hang out on the farm, with childrens activities, farm market, hand made crafts, art, and food at Barn and Bunk Farm Market.
- Keep it green at Trending Threads, a store specializing in men's and women's clothes.
- Feeling artsy- let the artists at Prodigy Tatoo perform their magic.
- Unwind at several salons and barber shops.
- Spend the night at a bed and breakfast in an historic home lovingly restored by its owners.
Did you know?
- The mission of the Great Miami Riverway is to build a strong, vibrant network of communites- connected by 99 miles of river-by increasing economic and community investment to attract visitors, customers, jobs, and talented workers to Southwest Ohio.
- The goal of the Great Miami Riverway program is to develop and implement ongoing marketing, planning, and programming to:
- Increase use of recreational, historical, and cultural assets,
- Attract more visitors,
- Support economic development,
- Strengthen river corridor neighborhoods
"Over $500 million in riverfront investments have been completed over the last 10 years in communities along the Great Miami Riverway. Our partners have invested $1 million into the Riverway and we continue to grow. Tapping into a $43 billion tourism market in Ohio, we see a bright future and a positive today. We encourage you to explore, invest, create, and find your way in the Great Miami Riverway." Great Miami Riverway
Click here for information for businesses interested in partnering with the Great Miami Riverway