- Finance & Taxation
- Trash & Recycling
Trash & Recycling
When Trash Pick up Is
Trash collection services are normally established upon the creation of water, sewer, and trash account. Please stop by the City of Trenton Municipal Building, 11 E State Street to set up your service. Trash pick up is determined by the street you live on. View a complete schedule.
- Trash may be placed in trash cans or plastic bags. Trash cans may be plastic or metal, have two handles, and be no larger than 95-gallon capacity. There is no limit on the number of containers allowed per household.
- Rumpke rents the large trash wheeled toter to the residents. (This is not mandatory, as you can use your own trash containers or bags). They will bill you separately for the trash toter and they bill quarterly. You can contact them directly at 513-742-2900. You will also need to contact Rumpke if you have any questions about specific items that you need to be picked up.
- Trash must be placed at the curb the night before removal, or the driver may not return.
- Rumpke is not responsible for damage to trash cans or missing cans and lids.
- Rumpke is not permitted by law to accept:
- Combustible materials
- Any materials deemed to be hazardous
- Drums, barrels, yard, and household containers not acceptable to be used as trash receptacles will be removed as trash and not replaced.
- Bulky materials such as the following are not acceptable:
- Loose materials, such as shrubbery or lumber, must be bundled and tied
- Call Rumpke 24-hours in advance to make arrangements for any acceptable large items and/or excessive amounts of trash.
- Along with the regular refuse collection, items that can be accepted also include the following. If an item is too heavy for one person to pick up, please contact Rumpke at least 24-hours in advance to inform them:
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Kitchen Fixtures
Recyclables should be placed in red containers provided 'Free' by Rumpke that can be picked up at the City of Trenton Municipal Building, 11 E State Street. All recyclables may be co-mingled in your bin for collection.
The following items are acceptable materials in the curbside recycling program:
- Aluminum and Bi-Metal Beverage Cans
- Aluminum Foil Pans That Have Been Rinsed Before Disposal
- Brown Paper Bags
- Catalogs Less Than a 1 Inch Thick
- Clear, Brown, and Green Glass Bottles and Jars
- Coffee Tubs
- Corrugated Cardboard (Note That Waxed Corrugated Cardboard Is Not Recyclable)
- Detergent Jugs
- Number 1 and Number 2 Plastic Bottles That Contained Liquid (I.E. Milk Jugs)
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Paper Milk/Juice Box Containers
- Phone Books
- Tin/Steel Food Cans
- Two-Liter Soda Bottles
Not Acceptable Materials
The following items are not recyclable:
- Aluminum Foil
- Clamshells, Trays, and Lids
- Coat Hangers (Plastic or Metal)
- Dairy Tubs and Yogurt Cups
- Lids, Caps and Tops
- Light Bulbs and Window Glass
- Milk Cartons and Drink Boxes
- Motor Oil and Hazardous Waste Containers
- Paper Towels, Plates, and Napkins
- Pill Bottles or Vials
- Plant Pots
- Plastic Bags (Some Stores Will Take These Back)
- Pyrex and Ceramic
- Scrap Metal
- Styrofoam (of Any Kind)
- Styrofoam Egg Cartons
View information regarding the collection and accepted recyclables.
Household Waste Disposal
Some items shall not be placed in the trash such as:
- Household Hazardous Wastes
Butler County OH Recycling and Solid Waste District have options to dispose of these items.
Rumpke provides residential and small commercial establishments to refuse collection service once a week. Rumpke's trash collectors work 5 days each week except for Christmas Day and New Year's Day. When those holidays fall during the week, refuse collection is delayed by 1 day for the holiday plus each day afterward.
Christmas Tree Disposal
Place discarded trees with your trash for removal by Rumpke with the regular trash pick-up.